Thursday, January 5, 2012

Insert Ole & Lena Joke Here

I've been holding on to this one for awhile, because I've haven't been able to find much to say about it.  I rather like it, I guess because of the nice combination of fading and legibility.  I drove  by the other day and was reminded that I hadn't posted it yet.

For obvious reasons, "Erickson" isn't exactly an uncommon last name in Minnesota and there are any number of decorators out there with that name, so Google hasn't been that much help.  This person apparently worked there, calling it "prestigious," and apparently worked on the IDS tower while there.  If you're into that sort of thing, you can take a look at the building's environmental history here (I have no idea why you would want to).  It's already been on Flickr here.

It's on Nicollet Ave. between 27th & 28th Street, on the side of what is now Rainbow Chinese Restaurant & Bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment